I believe one of the most important types of inspections I do is an inspection for a first time home buyer. I work hard to make that big jump a little less scary. My goal is to do everything I can to help you understand your new home.
What do I mean by that?
- no jargon (glossary embedded into every report)
- take time to answer your questions
- physically show you important things like main water and electricity shut-off
- take covers off furnace and show you how to change the filter
- explain what to do to maintain your roof
Perhaps most important, I take LOTS of photos of your crawlspace, so you don't have to go down there!
You will hear a lot of information in a short time, because I explain as I inspect. However, it will be written down in the report so don't stress about remembering everything. With your inspection I provide a free home maintenance book. This will serve as a valuable tool long after I am gone.
As a first time homebuyer you deserve a little extra care, and I've learned you are my favorite kind of client!